Unless you count driving the wrong way down the freeway...
SCREEECH of metaphorical breaks. Whaaaaat?
Oh yes. Well, it was going to happen sooner or later. Why else would they have all those STOP! and WRONG WAY signs just too late after intersection turnings?
Anyway, so I'm driving along, heading up the traffic coming off one freeway and waiting to turn left onto another. There's no traffic to my immediate left so I make the turn and...
Oops. Suddenly there's loads of traffic, coming straight at me.
I may have sworn just a little. And for a second I did that rabbit-in-the-headlights thing. Then I see a man in the 4X4 which has braked in front of me doing a twisty sign with his hand. Turn around.
Yes! Good plan! I'll do that!
I do a Uey and suddenly the world is spinning normally on its axis again.
Me oh my. And then when I get home and switch on the telly to calm myself down I discover there's a Traffic Channel, and everything that happens on any road at any given time is recorded. (That's all they show - traffic driving along freeways in real time. I can't imagine who actually watches it.) What if someone gets hold of the footage of my little escapade? They could syndicate it and play it repeatedly all over the country on a show called Don't Foreigners do the Dumbest Things?!
Nah, that's just my paranoia. There's no such show (as far as I know, I haven't got through all the channels yet).
It's OK. No-one was hurt, no damage was caused, and it will never, EVER happen again. Just don't tell the Man, eh.

To put everyone in a calmer frame of mind, here is a picture of Hancock Shaker village which we visited last week. The round building was the cow barn and milking parlour. Lovely - and not a car in sight.
I've told you to raise your head above the steering wheel - am sending you a cushion.
ReplyDeleteWatch it, lady. It could have happened to anyone. Remember, I've witnessed your parking skills at Ikea...
ReplyDeleteI do like the look of the Shaker village. Did they film Little House on the Prairie there? And I'll bet they don't spend their days stepping on lego shrapnel and plastic farm animals.
ReplyDeleteThen again, they don't have parking bays for horse and traps in Sainsburys.